- To establish a relationship of trust between you.
- To make sure they know they can talk to you openly about sex.
- To make it easier to talk about sexuality when they are teenagers.
- To decrease the sometimes negative influence of friends,the media or the Internet.
- And above all, because your words and actions can have an influence on their sexuality.
How can you get invloved
- Discuss the topic with your children. Listen to them and share your opinion. A relationship of openness and mutual respect.
- Talk to your child about what you experienced as a pre-teen.
- Encourage your child to ask you questions.
- Take every opportunity you have to start a discussion with your children about love, friendship and sexuality.
School Nurse, CLSC Huntingdon